On the ground
• High school or equivalent (Preferred)
• Aviation: 1 year (Preferred)
• FAA Aircraft Dispatcher License (Preferred)
Full Job Description:
The Flight Dispatcher and Follower is responsible for checking compliance and legality prior to each and every flight for aircraft on Privaira’s operating certificate. The position serves as the central contact for flight crew and enables flight releases prior to departure for all aircraft.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs activities associated with scheduling and dispatching aircraft.
- Monitors the status of all planned flights and flights in progress from the point of origin to final destination.
- Releases flights in accordance with established policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Collects and disseminates weather and aeronautical information to the PIC by preparing Flight Control paperwork.
- Ensures all ground handling, deicing, fuel, landing/departure slots, and landing/overfly permits are in order before releasing a flight.
- Identifies, anticipates, and takes corrective action to minimize actual/potential delays due to weather, scheduling, operations, crew legality, and maintenance issues.
- Coordinates with Maintenance Control to ensure aircraft status will permit the intended operation to be conducted safely and in accordance with applicable ATC, government laws and International policies.
- Ensures that MEL/CDL limitations or restrictions are evaluated and complied with.
- Determines airport suitability/risk assessment.
- Maintains a shift log for recording key data for all assigned flights and missions.
- Complies with all applicable federal/state health and safety regulations.
- Provides support in the completion of crew scheduling.
- Monitors and ensures flight crew members are scheduled in accordance with flight and duty time regulations.
- Performs all other duties as deemed necessary by the Manager of Flight Control or Director of Operations.
- A minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in a flight follower/dispatcher position is preferred but not required.
- Dispatch License preferred but not required for position.
- Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance as required.
- Strong analytical skills, the ability to apply strategic or forward thinking, precise attention to detail, and familiarity with Microsoft Office programs is also required.
- From $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Aviation: 1 year (Preferred)
- FAA Aircraft Dispatcher License (Preferred)
- Boca Raton