Picture Perfect: Bahamas Head over to the Islands
The Bahamas are one of the top-rated travel destinations in the world. Gorgeous sandy beaches, beautiful blue waters and amazing, luxury resorts. The Bahamas actually encompass about 700 islands, although only a handful of these are actually habitable and available to explore. Visit The Bahamas to relax, shop, sport or take a boat trip to snorkel! It is all waiting for you!
A blend of Spanish, British and African history and culture makes up the heritage of The Bahamas. With each island in The Bahamas offering something different, your best plan is to island hop to as many islands as possible, let us help!
This first stop for most visitors is Island Nassau. There are a lot of historic sites to discover around Nassau. Some of the best sites include the Christ Church Cathedral and the Pirates of Nassau Museum. The second most popular island which is also the most northwest: Grand Bahama.
The two most popular white-sand beaches among travelers are the spectacular Cable Beach and Cabbage Beach. Also, if you head over to the Big Major Cay Island, you will find a beach that is home to dozens of adorable, friendly pigs that just love to welcome tourists. You can also go sportfishing on the island of Bimini, hike at the Lucayan Cavers in Grand Bahama or go snorkeling or diving and explore one of the islands’ many spectacular coral reefs.
- Visit Grand Bahama for Lucayan National Park: 16-hectare (40-acre) park, Grand Bahama’s finest treasure with rare parrots also beautiful underwater caves
- Swim with pigs at Pig Beach at the Big Major Spot Island
- Relax at beautiful beaches
- Snorkel off the coast
- Sport fishing for marlin.
- Go to Arawak Cay, Nassau on the weekends for ‘fish fry’ – a neighborhood party with food, and rockin’ reggae and Junkanoo music, at the various seafood shacks and daiquiri bars.
- Duty-free shopping and Port Lucaya Marketplace at Grand Bahama, or the waterfront bay street at New Providence’s island
The weather in The Bahamas is consistent with temperatures between 32ºC (90ºF) from March to November and 17ºC (63ºF) in December and January.
Charter a private jet with us to the Bahamas
Based from Boca Raton Privaira is in a strategic location to offer direct flights to the Bahamas and beyond. Our vast fleet that is available 24/7 to take you throughout the beautiful islands of the Bahamas.
Our dedicated sales team will happily assist you with booking your next air charter to the Bahamas. Just let us know when and where, and we will deliver the most cost-effective air charter experience to meet your needs and budget.
An excellent aircraft for your trip is our Executive Caravan. A turboprop aircraft with a cabin height over 4’ and seating arrangements allow for up to nine passengers. Turboprop aircraft are also able to land in smaller airports, allowing you to access a variety of desirable destinations such as Exuma, Eleuthera and Harbour Island.
Bahamas Airports within 70 miles of our Boca Raton homebase:
- ASD, Andros Town, Andros Town, Bahamas.
- CCZ, Chub Cay, Chub Cay, Bahamas.
- CEL, Cape Eleuthera, Cape Eleuthera, Bahamas.
- COX, Congo Town, Congo Town, Bahamas.
- ELH, International, North Eleuthera, Bahamas.
- GHB, Governors Harbour, Governors Harbour, Bahamas.
- GHC, Great Harbour, Great Harbour, Bahamas.
- MAY, Mangrove Cay, Mangrove Cay, Bahamas.
- NAS, Nassau International, Nassau, Bahamas.
- PID, Paradise Island, Nassau, Bahamas.
- PPO, Powell Point, Powell Point, Bahamas.
- SAQ, San Andros, San Andros, Bahamas.
- SWL, Spanish Wells, Spanish Wells, Bahamas.
- TZN, South Andros, South Andros, Bahamas.
- WZY, Paradise Island Seaplane Base, Nassau, Bahamas.